Stop Marketing The Direct Link To Your
Profile Page, Affiliate Site, Mini Website Or Franchise Page
If You Do Not Own The Domain Name ::
This article is meant for the individuals that have a free website or profile page provided to them by a larger organization. Here are some examples of some of these sites;
- Real estate agent profile on a broker website, example; www.brokerdomain.com/NameOfAgent
- Franchisor that provides a website to the Franchisee on their brand name, example; storenumber.brandname.com or www.brandname.com/StoreNumber
- Affiliate website provider that provides the affiliate with a website to market, example; affiliateid.brandname.com or www.brandname.com/AffiliateId
There are many types of these sites, to sum it up, if you do not own the domain name and you have a profile page or site that you are actively marketing, STOP, get a domain name and market that domain.
You have one of these websites and you are actively marketing this domain to the world, but you are really marketing a website address that you have no control over. Sure you might argue that you can change the content, but if do not own the domain name, you are in fact at the mercy of the domain name owner. Here are some common problems that people will have;
- Your a real estate agent and you decide to switch brokerage firms, you cannot take your profile with you.
- Your a Multi Level Marketer, created a huge network and you have an influence over your downline. One day you do not believe in the product or the brand goes out of business, what happens to your mini website? You cannot take this website address with you!
- Your a Franchisee in a particular industry and someone violates the franchise agreement, you move on in the same industry with the same company name, what happens to your website provided by the Franchisor? You cannot take this website address with you!
Get your own domain name! Then point this domain name to your current website address. Market this new domain name and not the URL provided to you.
There are so many benefits for getting your own domain name and marketing it instead of the provided website address, here are just a few;
- Hides the destination address from competitors or future competition looking to get into the industry.
- You can take the domain name with you and point it anywhere you want at any given time.
- If you ever decide to build your own website in the same industry, you can take the website traffic with you.
- You can get email accounts associated with the domain name to help build credibility.
- You can sell the domain name!
About The Author :: Dan Kinchen
Dan Kinchen is a Web Entrepreneur and President of One Step Solutions a website design company
in Lake Mary, Florida. He has been building websites for the internet since 1997 and provides internet consulting services in the Orlando Metro Area.
This article is copyright to the author and may not be reproduced without permission.